SOLD ON 8/29/2017.
JP Townhouse Sold To A Certified Boston Artists: A well-loved 1182 square foot, 2 bedroom, 1 work space, 1 and 1/2 bathroom, live/work residential artist loft with deeded parking in Jamaica Plain’s Brookside Artist Community. Many photos can be viewed below.
SOLD ON 8/29/2017.
This commercially zoned brick townhouse was constructed in 2005 and has exposed high ceilings throughout on 3 levels. This property also has 2 private entrances, a paved patio, fire emergency sprinkler system, and roof rights. This home is smoke-free and pet-free, but the condo deed does allow pets.
There are many options for space usage. The sunny 1st floor has a 1/2 bathroom and is perfect as an art/work space, master bedroom suite, or a living room. This floor also has a heater and a utility closet/storage room with an on-demand tankless water heater system. There is also direct access to the back deck egress from this floor. Stairs to the 2nd floor lead to a lounge/kitchen/living room with gas heat, ceiling fan, granite countertops, and bright white appliances including a gas stove, disposal, dishwasher, and refrigerator. The laundry closet with a front-loading washer and dryer is also located on this floor. Stairs to the most private 3rd floor lead to a hallway, 2 spacious bedrooms and a full bathroom. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans that also work as heaters, large closets, and bright windows with great views of some rooftops and the parking area. The bathroom has a bath tub and shower with gorgeous natural and glass tiles throughout, as well as fans for ventilation and heat.
This condo is part of a 24 unit complex of artist-occupied/owner-occupied condominiums. It is located a 2-minute walk away from The Brewery Complex, Mike’s Fitness, Ula Café, The Milky Way, and Sam Adam’s Brewery. It is only a 5-minute walk to Green Street train station, or a 7-minute walk to Stony Brook train station on the Orange line. The Southwest Corridor Park is a 2-minute walk away and is an easy walk to Centre Street and numerous playgrounds and businesses in JP and the surrounding area.
There is also free street parking on Minton Street, Merriam Street, Brookside Avenue, Cornwall Street, or Amory Street which makes it super convenient for friends and family visiting the area.
Great neighbors, and great neighborhood.
Address: 65 Brookside Avenue, Unit 6, Jamaica Plain, MA. This property is also referred to as 65-6 Brookside Avenue in most City of Boston / Massachusetts records.
- Being an artist certified by the City of Boston. Visit https://www.boston.gov/departments/arts-and-culture or call 617-635-3914 for more information on artist certification. Visit https://cityofbostonartsandculture.submittable.com/submit/57851/city-of-boston-artist-certification to apply for artist certification. The Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) will determine if a buyer is a certifiable artist.
- Being a first-time home buyer. Visit https://www.boston.gov/re-sale-process-owners-and-buyers or call 617-635-4663 for more information on the requirements for purchasing this deed restricted property. (First-time homebuyer can sometimes include purchase after divorce or if it has been several years since purchasing.
There are many resources for first time homebuyers such as homebuyer classes listed at https://www.boston.gov/departments/neighborhood-development/boston-home-center-classes#nav1290786774 provided by the City of Boston and mortgage providers listed at https://www.boston.gov/departments/neighborhood-development/meet-mortgage-lenders-we-work who have specific experience with affordable first-time buyer lending programs.) The Department of Neighborhood Development (DND) Homebuyer’s Marketing Unit will determine if a buyer is qualified for this purchase.
- Meeting total asset guidelines (Assets shall not exceed $100,000 excluding retirement, 401K and education accounts approved by the IRS. Gift funds from non-household member(s) shall not exceed 50% of total household asset limit.)
- Obtaining a 30-year fixed rate mortgage loan confirming with the Fannie Mae guidelines with a Loan to Value (LTV) ratio of less than or equal to 97%
- Having income less than or equal to 120% Area Median Income (AMI) according to HUD income limits for 2017 calendar year – listed below.
HUD Income Limits – Calendar 2017
- 1 person household- $86,900/annual income
- 2 person household- $99,300/annual income
- 3 person household-$111,700/annual income
- 4 person household-$124,100/annual income
- 5 person household- $134,050/annual income
- 6 person household- $144,000/annual income
SOLD ON 8/29/2017.